Saturday, March 9, 2013

Boys will be Boys....

 
I painted myself into a bit of a corner this week by making an appointment with the state of Texas to have the boat inspected so they can assign a Vehicle Identification Number to the hull. I've got TWO weeks! They won't be looking at required equipment or even if it floats! They simply need to establish true ownership before assigning a VIN.
 
They say bring receipts for materials, etc. Oh, I have plenty of those.....!! 
 
So even with the latest deadline approaching, I couldn't resist having a little fun and trying the mast "on for size!" We won't need the rigging measurements for the upcoming inspection, but I just had to use a little of our precious time to play sailor.....
 


 
Very Kewl stuff!!!!!! Every sailboat needs rigging! :)
 
One of the projects I DID work on this week was the hatch.
 
 
I really like the way it's turning out. Remember, I don't have any real building experience, so putting stuff like this together is taking me a LONG time, and lots of thought. It's all mahogany and is lookin' good!
 
Have a great week!!!
 
Sail On...
 
da Pirate
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment