Monday, March 18, 2013

..As Simple as Black n White???

 
I really don't know how many times I've complained about how "fun" any kind of sanding is, but I know I've said it alot!
 
 The truth is, there is a whole lot of sanding involved in building a boat. I haven't had any new pictures to share lately as I've just been depleting my sandpaper allotment without much significant "noticeable" progress. (to me anyway..!)
 
And then we got to break out the paint...!!!
 
The first coat of primer applied to the hull!
 
The hull will be black, so we started tonight with the transom...Nice Shine!
 
 
We are using Pettit Easypoxy and using the roll and tip method of application. The whole process is new to me, but so far, so good on the outcome. In fact, It's as simple as black and white!
 
More pix soon as we are progressing quickly...which is good. I've mentioned before that our goal is to be on the water for the "Spring Fling" boat party on May 17th. Registration opened for the event this week and we have signed up and paid for our slip! (how's that for confidence!)
 
Film at 11, but we feel pretty good about our chances at this time. Ask me again in a month...!
 
Sail On...
 
Pirate
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment