Friday, September 21, 2012

An Ebay score!

Timeframe: April 2012



Kathy and I aren't big ebay shoppers. Ok, almost never!  But I was starting to think of other things we might need for the boat, so there I was online. After picking through the usual "garage sale" garbage, I found something of use, a sailboat mast! And it was only 150 miles away!! And it was only $75 bucks! Huh!? Really??!!! Better go take a look. Of course that means "Road Trip!"
 
Glad I didn't throw that tree branch out

Safely stored at home

It turns out that the mast is from a sailboat of the "Thistle" class. It's about 5 feet too long for our boat, but I DO have a hack saw. After I got home from this trip and now knowing what I had, I found similar masts up for grabs on various sites for about $750.00 used! What a deal we got even if you add in the cost of gas to pick it up.
 
da Pirate
 


No comments:

Post a Comment