Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sail Ho!!!!

 
After starting work on the topsides, I've discovered I'm back in that place where you spend all day working on the boat and if you're lucky, you might have just one or two pieces that you can actually add to the boat itself. It doesn't lend to many pictures to update our blog!
 
But Kathy comes to the rescue! The kit for our jib has been gathering dust, (sawdust actually!) and this week, with the help of my mother who is visiting from Montana, they launched into the effort. It took awhile to decipher the directions, but then they jumped right in...
 
Is it done yet?



The first panels have gone together very well. It's just another dimension  that adds so much fun to this project for both of us. It won't take very long to complete the sail I'm guessing. (Kathy may have a different opinion!) :)
 
Meanwhile, back in the garage, I've been building deck beams and preparing everything for the decking. Like I said earlier, some days are spent cuttin' and sandin' but nothing gets added to the vessel. Today, I finally got to pull the clamps back out and I got to mix up more glue...
 

 
I have to add, since we are now on the trailer, I have the opportunity to pull the boat out of the garage to work on it. With the heavy humidity that I've been fighting all summer in the garage, what a treat it is to at least add a breeze and some sunshine on my face to the daily project. 
 
Pirate


No comments:

Post a Comment