Monday, January 28, 2013

It's a Doggie Dance Floor....!

 
After what feels like weeks, the final coat of fiberglass resin has been applied and the whole hull has now been rough sanded...again!!! When it comes time to paint, we'll be back at the sander again.
 
For now tho...it's sanded enough to take a break from all the sawdust and work on new projects... and Bailie thinks it's certainly good enough to dance on....
 
 
Today, I actually had the chance to pull out the jigsaw and cut some wood! Seems like it's been an eternity since I have done that.
 
 
There you have a nice "before and after" shot. I'm working on the cabin clamps that will hold the cabin to the hull. Kinda like startin' with a tree to make a toothpick, but you get the idea....
 
It always feels like slow progress, but then I just go back through the blogs and pictures and see how quickly we are getting this boat done. It makes me feel a lot better. And I always have to remember if I wanted to have a boat quickly, I could've always bought a Montgomery 15 and been done with it. But it'll feel a lot different and better sailing into some hangout on a boat that WE built ourselves!!
 
We can't wait!
 
Sail On...
 
Pirate
 


No comments:

Post a Comment