Saturday, November 3, 2012

We'll Leave The Light On For Ya!!!

Sorry about the gap between posts, but it's been hectic around here lately and I'm finally able to get caught up.
 
Kathy and I spent the better part of last week in Ohio with her family for a wedding. (Good luck Matt and Julie!) We even had to drive back to Texas afterward due to hurricane Sandy and the effect the storm had on flights home as far inland as Cleveland!
 
Just before heading north, I was able to finish installing the floorboards for the berth. I had decided to use exterior plywood available at the local "warehouse" lumber yards and regretted that decision almost immediately. Quality wood it's not, and I headed back to Clark Hardwoods in Houston as soon as we got back from Ohio. I feel much better now. The "squishy" feel to floorboards is now gone. That would've bugged me every time I got on board the boat, so I'm so glad I fixed the problem right away.
 
The dog likes the new berth boards, too!
As you can see, I've added a few extras, too! Ya just can't build a boat without "Buffett!", so I have already loaded the deep cycle battery on board and tied the stereo to it for workin' tunes. And since I'm curious about battery life with the stereo and the anchor light burnin' away, I've clamped the masthead nav lights to the forward bulkhead. Like I said, "We'll leave the light on for ya..!!"
 
I'm in the process of adding as many parts of the infrastructure of the boat before we paint and seal the interior, so the cockpit structure is becoming apparent, too.
 
Da Pirate relaxes after a hard day at work...
 It's very fun to sit "aboard" for morning coffee...and it's not even DONE YET! :)
 
Sail On....
 
Pirate


4 comments: