Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's Been A Busy Week!

 
My lack of updates has been intentional this week. Kathy had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Rome, Italy with her mother to visit her daughter who teaches there. What a generational family affair!
 
And me? I wanted to keep the boat progress a secret so Kathy would be surprised upon her return!
 
Truthfully, I spent MANY hours in the garage/boat barn this week and I can now look back at a very successful week of work.
 
While waiting for the last coat of fiberglass to cure, I started work on the bow sprit. The solid block of Oak I used is very different from the softer woods I've used so far, and was fun to form to the final shape. I've never stained anything before, so I learned many new things here.
 
 
Now that the deck has been fiberglassed, I could begin work on the cabin. I mentioned before my efforts at forming the cabin clamps. I put those to work and up go the cabin sides and front.
 

 
I also learned how to use a router as I had to cut the "rabbits" in the window edges to hold the glass in place.
 
 
...and out into the sunshine we go!
 
It always amazes me how 40 hours of hard work can be summed up in just a couple of pictures! And yes, she was pleasantly surprised at the progress! :)
 
Have a great week!
 
Pirate
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment